Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
- An article by alumnus Peter Lewis, E14 and EG16, and Associate Professor Robert White was featured as the cover article in a recent issue of Advancing Microelectronics.
- As the Tufts in Talloires program comes to a close, Zaila Foster, E20, looks back on the new experiences she had while studying abroad this summer.
- Incoming Jumbo Korri Lampedusa, E21, was recognized as a Presidential Scholar, one of the country's highest honors for high school students.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- This summer, eight Engineering majors received Summer Scholars funding to remain on campus and work on an independent undergraduate research project.
- While studying abroad in France, Handy Dorceus, E20, is learning how to overcome the language barrier and his fears.
- This summer, three students from the Bridge to Engineering Success at Tufts (BEST) program are studying in Talloires. Blogger Martin Majkut, E19, is looking forward to experiencing a new culture over six weeks in France.
- The Boston Globe named Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman one of its Game Changers of 2017 for his development of a lithium-ion battery that doesn't explode, and lasts longer.
- Mechanical engineering major Annalisa DeBari, E18, recently won fifth place in the 60-meter hurdles at the NCAA Div. III Indoor National Championship.
- Dean Jianmin Qu recently received the 2017 NDE Lifetime Achievement Award from SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.