Certificate in Biomedical Engineering
Program of Study
The certificate requires four courses:
- One biomedical engineering introductory course:
- BME 250 Principals of Biomedical Engineering (3 credits) or
- BME 162 Molecular Biotechnology (key aspects of molecular biology and engineering aspects of biotechnology) (3 credits)
- One physiology course:
- Biomedical Instrumentation, Biomedical Optics, Biomaterials, Biotechnology, and/or Tissue Engineering (6 credits)
- One engineering elective in Biomedical Instrumentation, Biomedical Optics, Biomaterials, Biotechnology or Tissue Engineering
- One capstone course:
- BME 100 Design of Medical Instrumentation (3 credits) or
- BME 153 Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine (3credits)
This certificate is offered in collaboration with the Tufts Department of Biomedical Engineering and the Tufts Tissue Engineering Resource Center.
The Tufts Tissue Engineering Resource Center integrates strong research programs in biotechnology, biomaterials and tissue engineering, biomedical instrumentation, biomedical optics, and drug discovery into a new, collaborative 'mega-center' offering unique options for graduate-level study.