Research Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Research/Areas of Interest:
1) Transport phenomena.
2) Thermal management of electronics.
2) Numerical modeling and HPC.
3) Electronics and robotics.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Tufts Univ/Engineering, USA, 2018
- MS Mechanical Engineering, Tufts University, Medford, United States
- BS Mechanical Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Georgios (George) Karamanis is Co-Founder and COO of Transport Phenomena Technologies, LLC (TPT). He received his MS and PhD degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Tufts University. He has expertise in analytical, numerical and experimental techniques relevant to convective transport. He also is well versed in machining, electronics and the use of high-performance computing. He is the PI on the Phase II NSF SBIR grant and on the State of MA Clean Energy Catalyst grant awarded to TPT. George teaches the course Simulations for Mechanical Engineers at Tufts University and has 10 archival journal publications in the area of transport phenomena.