Earn a master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Bioengineering (Biomechanical Systems and Devices), Human-Robot Interaction or Dual Degree Master's Program (with Tufts Gordon Institute) at Tufts School of Engineering. This field addresses a diverse mixture of problems in fundamental engineering science as well as applications. From soft-bodied robots to superconducting materials to cell swimming at the microscale, our faculty is involved in a diverse array of innovative research efforts.
We provide students with the best of both worlds: a student-centered experience at a top-notch research university. You’ll join small classes and immerse yourself in cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research led by innovative faculty.
For the master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, students do not declare a thesis or non-thesis option upon applying. After matriculation, a thesis option may be selected with the support of a faculty advisor.
Two convenient schedules:
- Full-time: Complete your degree in one or two years.
- Part-time: Fit classes around your schedule and earn your degree while you’re advancing your career.
- View degree timelines
- Small class sizes
- Personalized path of study
- Mentorship from professors at the top of their fields
- Collaborative research that crosses disciplines
- Five miles from the high-tech hub of Boston
- Application and $85 application fee
- Academic records and resume/CV
- Personal statement and letters of recommendation
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo if applicable, minimum scores of 100 on the TOEFL, 7.5 on the IELTS, or 120 on the Duolingo test are required.
- GRE General Test scores are not required
Dual Degree Master's Program (with Tufts Gordon Institute)
Develop your innovation, leadership and management skills and build your technical depth with the Dual Degree Master's Program. You’ll earn two degrees: an MS in Mechanical Engineering, Human Factors Engineering, Bioengineering, or Human-Robot Interaction, and an MS in Innovation & Management (MSIM). You earn both degrees in an accelerated time frame (as little as two years) and at a reduced cost with a guaranteed $20,000 tuition discount.
Learn more about the Dual Degree Master's Program and application requirements or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.