Engineering and Science for Society
Tufts Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) is focused on applying engineering and science to help society anticipate and respond to the emerging challenges of our changing world. Civil and Environmental engineers focus on natural and built systems, and work at the intersection of infrastructure, the environment, and people.
Through graduate and undergraduate education as well as research, Tufts Civil and Environmental engineers strive to:
- Improve and expand infrastructure and protect the environment,
- Develop engineering solutions for significant societal impact, and
- Accommodate and integrate complex environmental and infrastructure systems that are required to:
- Allow for increasing population in urban centers,
- Adapt to effects from climate change and natural hazards, and
- Incorporate effects on human health.