External advisory board
The role of the External Advisory Board (EAB) is to provide input and guidance to the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) to achieve the mission of educating undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in the discovery and implementation of solutions to important societal challenges in the 21st century. Activities of the board include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Department Chair in strategic planning
- Provide Chair with feedback on Department programs and initiatives
- Assist with departmental fundraising and development efforts
- Improve alumni relations and participation in departmental activities
- Promote and enhance the stature of the Department
- Assist Chair in developing leads for industry partnerships
The board consists of professionals from the academic, public and private sectors, with representation from relevant technical disciplines including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, public health engineering, structural engineering, and water resources engineering. Based on nominations provided by CEE faculty and EAB members, the Department Chair appoints members to serve three-year renewable terms.
The External Advisory Board meets at least twice per year. In consultation with the EAB members, the Department Chair develops a meeting agenda that is distributed to all CEE faculty and EAB members prior to each meeting.