Field of Study: Environmental and Water Resources Engineering
Requirements for non-thesis option: A full-time student can complete this option (MS-non-thesis) in one year.
- Core Courses (9 SHUs) - Students may select any three of the following four courses, in consultation with his/her advisor, to satisfy the core requirement.
- CEE 212 - Chemical Principles in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering (3 SHUs)
- CEE 213 - Transport Principles in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering (3 SHUs)
- CEE 214 - Environmental and Water Resources Systems Engineering (3 SHUs)
- CEE 215 - Computational Methods in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering (3 SHUs)
- Concentration Courses (five courses) - These courses enable students to study areas of particular interest in greater depth. Students may select five courses, in consultation with his/her advisor, to satisfy the concentration requirement.
- Total SHUs range from 13-17 SHUs
- Professional Practice (3 SHUs) - May be replaced by a technical elective with the consent of advisor or fulfilled with courses offered at Tufts Gordon Institute.
- Graduate Seminar - Every student in the Environmental and Water Resources graduate program is required to attend and participate in the weekly seminar series. Every student must enroll in CEE 292 Graduate Seminar during each of the Fall and Spring semesters.
- Requirements for thesis option: A full-time student is expected to complete this option (MS-thesis) in two years.Requirements are the same as the non-thesis option with the provision that Thesis Research (6 SHUs; actual SHU count could vary) may replace the equivalent number of course credits in concentration courses.