The Tufts University School of Engineering offers a rigorous engineering education in a unique environment that blends the intellectual and technological resources of a world-class research university with the strengths of a top-ranked liberal arts college. Our size and educational philosophy support a distinctive sense of community, a diversity of perspectives, and a student-centric learning environment.
Tuition scholarships, teaching scholarships, and research assistantships are awarded on a competitive basis to graduate admissions candidates. Prospective and current students should consult with the individual departments to obtain detailed policies regarding degree requirements and programs. Customized concentration options in a program may be arranged with an advisor.
Doctoral degrees require the fulfillment of the specific department requirements including the number of courses with grades of S (satisfactory) or at least a B-, as well as successful completion of the qualifying examination and doctoral dissertation.
Master's degrees require a minimum of 30 SHUs and the fulfillment of at least 10 courses with grades of S (satisfactory) or at least a B-.
Dual degree program
Develop your innovation, leadership and management skills and build your technical depth with our Dual Degree Master's Program. You’ll earn two degrees: an M.S. offered by one the six academic departments within the School of Engineering, and an M.S. Innovation & Management (MSIM). You earn both degrees in an accelerated timeframe and at a reduced cost. Tufts School of Engineering offers a wide range of M.S. programs and all qualify for the dual degree program.
Tufts offers the following programs:
- Bioengineering (M.S.)
- Biomedical Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Biotechnology (Ph.D.)
- Chemical Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Cognitive Science (Ph.D.)
- Computer Engineering (M.S.)
- Computer Science (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Data Science (M.S.)
- Electrical Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Engineering Management (M.S.)
- Human Factors Engineering (M.S.)
- Human-Robot Interaction (M.S., joint-Ph.D.)
- Innovation and Management (M.S.)
- Materials Science and Engineering (M.S., joint-Ph.D.)
- Mechanical Engineering (M.S., Ph.D.)
- Offshore Wind Energy Engineering (M.S.)
Learn more about our engineering certificate programs.