Showing News articles tagged with Center for Engineering Education and Outreach
- In Summer at Tufts pre-college programs, experience college learning in engineering disciplines and get a sense of campus life at Tufts. Applications are now open for Summer 2019 enrollment.
- Prospective students interested in learning more about engineering graduate programs at Tufts are invited to join Dean of Graduate Education Karen Panetta for an information session and meet and greet on Thursday, December 13 from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Engineering student Zayyad Yunus wrote about student experiences in the first-year Simple Robotics course taught by Research Assistant Professor Ethan Danahy (pictured).
- Assistant Professor Kristen Wendell worked with collaborators from the National Science Foundation, UMass Boston, Boston Public Schools Science Department, and the MBTA to create a program designed to interest elementary school students in STEM fields.
- Engineering faculty participate in 12 funded projects through Tufts program.
- Merredith Portsmore, Director of the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, spoke to Nature about the need for creativity and integrated learning in STEM education.
- On Thursday, October 18, join the School of Engineering for a Dean's Lecture with Tufts alumnus Keith Moore, Vice President of Research & Development for HP Labs.
- Four staff members in the School of Engineering were recognized for their years of service to the university.
By the numbers, the undergraduate class is one for the record books, with women making up 49 percent of the School of Engineering's incoming students.
- Ethan Danahy, a research assistant professor at the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach and a Tufts alum, recalls his personal history with the paint-covered Tufts cannon as it undergoes a major cleaning.