Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
- Dean Jianmin Qu recently received the 2017 NDE Lifetime Achievement Award from SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
- A team of Tufts Engineering undergraduates won first place in the MakeMIT hackathon, with their battery-operated sensor system to track a cyclist's posture.
- Engineering students and faculty delivered winning pitches at the 2017 $100k New Ventures Competition, hosted by Tufts Gordon Institute.
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
- A team of mechanical engineering students designed and built an educational water table to help young children understand electrical concepts.
- Professor Bill Messner writes for The Conversation on the current state of the development of autonomous vehicles.
Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a new generation of batteries that won't explode. Watch him talk about it on NOVA's "Search for the Super Battery."
- Assistant Professors Ayse Asatekin and Kristen Wendell are appointed to endowed professorships in recognition of their outstanding research programs and potential.
- Summer scholar Anu Gamage, E18, spent her summer developing an inverted pendulum that could continue collecting accurate measurements and balancing itself in the case of a cyberattack.
- Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a solid polymer lithium metal battery, which would be significantly less likely to catch fire than the current generation of batteries.