Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
By the numbers, the undergraduate class is one for the record books, with women making up 49 percent of the School of Engineering's incoming students.
In 2018 and 2019, eight new faculty members join the School of Engineering.
- Prospective students interested in learning more about engineering graduate programs at Tufts are invited to join Dean of Graduate Education Karen Panetta for an information session and meet and greet on September 6 from 6:00-7:00 pm.
- Jesse Grupper, E19, places fifth at the World University Sport Climbing Championship in Bratislava, Slovakia.
- Interns at the Tufts Center for Engineering Education and Outreach learned about the process of engineering the fun way—building sand castles at Revere Beach, just outside of Boston.
- Mechanical engineering student Vikram Krishnamachari, E19, and Chloe Amouyal, A20, discovered a trove of counterculture-era posters at Tufts, now on display online and in Tisch Library.
- Professor William Messner spoke to Slate about the potential risks and possibilities for self-driving cars on the uniquely challenging streets of Boston.
- Engineering staff members Briana Bouchard and Amy Wilson were honored for their exceptional work at the twelfth annual Tufts Distinction Awards.
- Professor of the Practice James Intriligator and Research Assistant Professor and CEEO Director Merredith Portsmore received awards for using technology in their teaching.
- Assistant Professor Kristen Bethke Wendell was named to the 2018 "20 Under 40 Young Pacesetters" list in Prism, the monthly magazine from ASEE.