- School of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Center for Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO)
- Engineering Management & Innovation (Gordon Institute)
- Center for STEM Diversity
Alumnus awarded for innovation
Y.A. Liu, EG70, is honored by the American Institute of Chemical Engineers for innovation in green process engineering.
The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) has recognized Y.A. Liu, EG70, with the Professional Achievement Award for Innovations in Green Process Engineering. The award celebrates Liu’s outstanding professional achievement in advancing innovations in green process engineering for sustainable energy and environment, and his distinguished contribution as a professional engineer and educator.
Liu is an Alumni Distinguished Professor and Frank C. Vilbrandt Endowed Professor in the Department of Chemical Engineering at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. He leads the Center of Excellence in Process System Engineering, which focuses on sustainable engineering, process modeling, big data analytics, and energy and water savings. He received his MS in chemical engineering from Tufts School of Engineering and his PhD from Princeton University.
Department:Chemical and Biological Engineering