- School of Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical and Biological Engineering
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Center for Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences
- Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO)
- Engineering Management & Innovation (Gordon Institute)
- Center for STEM Diversity
Civil and Environmental Engineering 2021 retrospective
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering congratulates this year's graduates and award winners.
Alumni and Student Awards 2021
Awarded to Tufts student for leadership in ASCE Student Chapter.
- Kim Dao
William P. Morse Scholarship
Awarded to Tufts CEE senior(s) having a very strong record of academic achievement.
- Elana Chan
Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) Awards
Michael E. Avtges Award
In memory of Michael E. Avtges, awarded to deserving CEE students. Established in 1989 by Mr. and Mrs. Nicholas E. Avtges and SAME-Boston Post.
- N/A in 2021
Joseph Bocchino Award
Established in 2004 by Joseph Bocchino, E78, awarded to deserving CEE students.
- N/A in 2021
Max O. Urbahn
Awarded to an academically outstanding senior.
- Travis van Brewer
CEE Student Awards
John A. Cataldo Awards
Named after John A. Cataldo, (BSCE 1946), Recognizes outstanding juniors in the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department who have demonstrated meritorious academic achievement, good character, and promise as leaders in their profession.
2020-2021 Cataldo Scholars:
- Plearn Aroonchote – working with Assistant Professor Jon Lamontagne
- Elana Chan – working with Adjunct Assistant Professor Amy Pickering
- Kim Dao – working with Associate Professor and Dean of Undergraduate Education Chris Swan
- Mateo Gomez – working with Assistant Professor Jon Lamontagne
- Bridget Moynihan – working with Professor Babak Moaveni
- Ida Weiss – working with Professor John Durant and Research Assistant Professor Neelakshi Hudda
Earle F. Littleton Awards
Awarded to seniors and graduate student in the CEE program who are active in professional, community or department affairs and show promise of becoming active and loyal alumni.
- Yarmina Kamal
- Myisha Majumder
- Abigail Raymond
- Sanoli Santana
- Tyler Tatro
- Talisa Watts
- Louis Ambrogio
- Liam Eagle
- Roan Gideon
- Molly Cantrell
Earle F. Littleton Fellowships for Graduate Studies
Awarded to current seniors and graduate students who are active in the profession, community or department and will attend or are attending Tufts for graduate studies.
- Bruce Ahirwe (SEM), announced in 2020
- Travis Van Brewer (SEM), announced in 2020
- Andrew Kraunelis (SEM)
- Claire Wright (SEM)
- Mallory Baus (SEM)
- Selvin Lendos (SEM)
- Ben Healy (OWE)
Jonathan Curtis Fellowship
Awarded to students, with outstanding graduate research potential in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering, who have demonstrated meritorious academics, good character, and promise as leaders in the profession.
- Sophie Impellitteri (BS/MS, Class of 2022)
Kentaro Tsutsumi Fellowship
Awarded to students, with outstanding graduate research potential in Structural Engineering, who have demonstrated meritorious academics, good character, and promise as leaders in the profession.
- TA: Chris Hoerrner
- Summer RA: Bridget Moynihan, Azin Mehrjoo, John DiFrancisci, Nasim Partovi-Mehr, and Mohsen Minaeijavid
N. Bruce and Lorry Hanes Fellowship
Named after N. Bruce Hanes, Professor of Environmental Engineering for 32 years and his wife Lorry, recognizes outstanding Master’s level research potential at the interface of Engineering and Public Health.
- Lydia Eldridge
Named after William W. Edgerton (BSCE 1970), a past president of Jacobs Associates, a national leader in underground construction, is awarded to a promising geotechnical engineering graduate student. Award selection is based on the recipient’s academic performance, research promise, and leadership potential in geotechnical engineering research and/or practice.
- Marshall Pontrelli
- Celal Uyeturk (summer RA)
Tufts University Alumni Association (TUAA) has presented Senior Awards to graduating members of the senior class for academic achievement, participation in campus and community activities, and leadership.
- Mateo Gomez
2020 Presidential Award for Civic Life Recipient
Tufts recognizes some of our most inspiring graduate and undergraduate students with the university’s highest honor for outstanding civic leadership and service.
- René LaPointe Jameson
CEE Faculty Award
ASCE/CEE Faculty Member of the Year Award
Given annually by Civil and Environmental Engineering students to the faculty member whose enthusiasm, dedication, and mentorship best inspires us to pursue our passions.
- Christopher Swan, Associate Professor and Dean of Undergraduate Education
- Danielle Lantagne, Associate Professor
CEE Alumni Awards
Distinguished Service Award
Awarded annually by the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering in recognition of outstanding service to faculty, students, and alumni.
- Laura Sacco, Senior Department Administrator
Outstanding Achievement Award
In recognition of their outstanding achievements and leadership in their careers. Their contributions to their fields are a bright light that shines favorably on Civil and Environmental Engineering and Tufts University
- Richard Vogel, Professor Emeritus
SOE Incoming Graduate Student Fellowships
- Nihan Bilgan (advisor: Professor Babak Moaveni)
- Jocelyn Kleiger (advisor: Assistant Professor Deborah Sunter)
- Catherine Knox (advisor: Professor Shafiqul Islam)
- Jahred Liddie (advisor: Professor Helen Suh)
- Jacob Wessel (advisor: Assistant Professor Jonathan Lamontagne)
- Elizabeth Yoder (advisor: Assistant Professor Deborah Sunter)
Department:Civil and Environmental Engineering