Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE)
Program Director: Shuchin Aeron
The accredited program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is intended to qualify students to begin a professional career in electrical engineering or to proceed to advanced study.
Students may study a wide variety of topics including power systems, semiconductor integrated circuits, VLSI design, biomedical instrumentation, telecommunications, microwave circuits and antenna systems, optoelectronics and materials, digital image processing, semiconductor materials, signal processing, computer architecture, parallel processing, computer systems and multimedia.
The BS in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and Program Criteria for Electrical, Computer, Communications, Telecommunication(s) and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
The educational objectives of the Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering specify that:
- The graduate will have demonstrated a professional impact in their employment or graduate work.
- The graduate will be a leader among their peers and/or a leader in innovation.
- The graduate will conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.
- The graduate will understand the societal impact of their work in a global context.
The student outcomes for the Electrical and Computer Engineering Programs specify that, by the time of graduation, all graduates will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.