Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Seven Engineering professors received Tufts Faculty Research Awards Committee awards for publishing and research proposals.
- Professor Emeritus and Research Professor Richard Vogel has been elected a 2017 Fellow of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) in recognition of his visionary research on water resource systems engineering.
- Professor Steve Chapra and a team of researchers report that harmful algal blooms in large freshwater reservoirs and lakes are projected to increase because of climate change.
- Professor Luis Dorfmann published a review article on nonlinear electroelasticity in Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A.
- Tufts School of Engineering welcomes nine new faculty members in 2017 and 2018.
- A team of Tufts researchers received the Harting Award for the best paper published in Experimental Techniques in 2016.
- Professor Laurie Gaskins Baise has been appointed chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, effective September 1.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- This summer, eight Engineering majors received Summer Scholars funding to remain on campus and work on an independent undergraduate research project.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.