Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- On Thursday, October 24, join the School of Engineering for a Dean's Lecture with Andy Youniss, President and CEO of Rocket Software.
- Assistant Professor Jonathan Lamontagne appears as a guest on a podcast discussing the need for immediate global action to preserve a tolerable climate future.
- Amy Pickering and Michael C. Hughes were named the Tiampo Family Assistant Professor and the Ann W. Lambertus, J75 and Peter Lambertus Assistant Professor, respectively.
- Research led by Amy Pickering, Tiampo Family Assistant Professor, finds that novel treatment device can reduce child diarrhea by nearly a quarter in urban Bangladesh.
New graduate programs, including three 100% online master's degree programs, provide students with the skills to become leaders and innovators in their fields.
- Tiampo Family Assistant Professor Amy Pickering conducted a study indicating improved drinking water should be a key component of control strategies against parasitic worm and protozoan infections in rural Kenya.
- Academics from around the world will join Tufts faculty to discuss imaging challenges in mathematics, medicine, and more. The conference, Modern Challenges in Imaging, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Allan Cormack's Nobel Prize with presentations from Tufts faculty including Professor and Chair Eric Miller, University Professor and former dean Linda Abriola, and Professor Sergio Fantini.
- Amanda Parry, EG18, received a WiDF Professional Development Grant from the Deep Foundations Institute.
- Alumnus Jonas Procton followed his interests to a career in sustainable environmental design.
- A paper published by Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel and Laura Read, EG16, received the 2019 STAHY Best Paper Award.