Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel has been honored with inclusion by ASCE in its 2020 class of Distinguished Members for a lifetime of fundamental contributions to stochastic hydrology and its novel applications.
- PhD candidate Jason Hnatko won a third-place prize in the 2020 Geosyntec Groundwater Student Paper Competition.
- For their academic achievement, participation in campus and community activities, and leadership during their time at Tufts, five engineering and computer science students have been recognized as 2020 Senior Award honorees.
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel will be inducted to the highest honor of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Marlene Wolfe, EG19, who received a PhD in civil and environmental engineering, conducted a systematic review of the effectiveness of handwashing practices.
- Eric Hines, Professor of the Practice in Civil and Environmental Engineering, comments on the potential to capture offshore wind energy on the East Coast.
- Tiampo Family Assistant Professor Amy Pickering is leading a test to see if a simple solution to bringing clean water to low-resource communities improves health outcomes.
- PhD engineering student Ifeanyi Mbah traveled to the 2019 UN Climate Change Conference as a member of the delegation from Tufts Institute of the Environment.
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel will receive the 2020 Ven Te Chow Award from the ASCE Environmental and Water Resources Institute.
- Through research in the lab and field, Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and her team give common intervention practices, like bucket chlorination, a greater chance of intercepting the deadly bacteria.