Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel will be inducted to the highest honor of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Marlene Wolfe, EG19, who received a PhD in civil and environmental engineering and conducted a systematic review of the effectiveness of handwashing practices, discusses.
- Eric Hines, Professor of the Practice in Civil and Environmental Engineering, comments on the potential to capture offshore wind energy on the East Coast.
- Tiampo Family Assistant Professor Amy Pickering is leading a test to see if a simple solution to bringing clean water to low-resource communities improves health outcomes.
- PhD engineering student Ifeanyi Mbah traveled to the 2019 UN Climate Change Conference as a member of the delegation from Tufts Institute of the Environment.
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel will receive the 2020 Ven Te Chow Award from the ASCE Environmental and Water Resources Institute.
- Through research in the lab and field, Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and her team give common intervention practices, like bucket chlorination, a greater chance of intercepting the deadly bacteria.
- Laura Corlin, School of Medicine Assistant Professor and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering alumna, explains how research can aid in measuring the health effects of wildfires.
- We must take action now even amid uncertainty, says Assistant Professor Jonathan Lamontagne, because the potential consequences of climate change inaction are so severe.
- Tufts Graduate Society of Women Engineers received multiple awards from the Society of Women Engineers during the WE19 annual conference.