Showing News articles tagged with Biomedical Engineering
Faculty are planning new classes and revamping coursework to take advantage of virtual learning and give students a first-class academic experience.
- Yukinobu Tanimoto, E14, and Alissa Brandon, E09, team up to make and distribute PPE in the Bay Area.
- Engineers at Tufts have developed biomaterial-based inks that respond to and quantify chemicals released from the body or in the surrounding environment by changing color.
- Tufts TRIPODS Institute names graduate research fellows and summer research undergraduates for 2020.
- A team led by Tufts biomedical engineers developed a 3D contusion model that could be used to study the effects of traumatic brain injuries.
- A team of researchers from the School of Engineering, the School of Medicine, and physicians at Tufts Medical Center have developed a method using fluorescence to detect pre-cancerous metabolic and physical changes in epithelial cells.
- PhD student Sara Rudolph and classmates in her Medicinal Chemistry class quickly pivoted to studying COVID-19 this spring.
- Engineers and researchers design unique in vitro model to study the causes and treatments of neurological disease.
- An NIH grant powers collaborative stem cell and silk research on Alzheimer’s disease.
- Assistant Professor Srivalleesha Mallidi and the iBITLab are using sound and light waves to better understand tumors and to direct treatment.